Do you know that increasing alcohol can substantially increase your cancer risk and that reducing your alcohol intake can reduce your cancer risk
- Drinking more than a pint of beer a day can substantially increase the risk of some cancers, research suggests.
- The Europe-wide study of 363,988 people reported in the British Medical Journal in 2011 found one in 10 of all cancers in men and one in 33 in women were caused by past or current alcohol intake. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12999000
- More than 18% of alcohol-related cancers in men and about 4% in women were linked to excessive drinking.
- The Department of Health has taking action regarding alcohol consumption to reduce drinking by issuing new health guidelines in 2016. Current advice is to not drink more than 14 units of alcohol per week for men and women, to avoid binge drinking and to have at least a couple of alcohol free days a week
- Cancer charities say people should limit their drinking to lower the risk.
Share this post
← Older Post
Newer Post →