Menopause Test Strips by ALLTEST
Home menopause and peri-menopause FSH level urine test kit
- Manufactured by ALLTEST
- Simple to use urine dipstick test strips
- These are quick and easy to use urine FSH level test strips
- Each test strip is individually wrapped.
- Instructions are included
- Detection level 25mIU FSH
How to use and interpret the results on the home menopause test strips
- A positive result is indicated by 2 or more consecutive positive test results over a 7-day interval.
- FSH is normally elevated prior to ovulation but if this level stays persistently elevated this can be a sign of menopause or peri-menopause
- Perform 1 test at any time of day and repeat 7 days later.
- The test strips measure FSH in the urine and are able to tell you whether the level is normal or elevated.
- There are multiple possible causes of elevated FSH, but the main one would be menopause.
- FSH levels can also be persistently elevated in PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and ovarian failure so it is a good screening test for these to.
- After menopause, FSH remains high for the remainder of life and therefore these tests will be positive in all post-menopausal women.
- If you are under 45 years old and obtain a persistently elevated FSH level as described above you should seek medical advice, especially if you are trying to conceive.