10 ALLTEST Professional PSA Test Cassettes
10 Professional ALLTEST PSA Prostate Specific Antigen blood test kit cassettes.
- These test cassettes require a small blood sample.
- Sensitivity for PSA = 3ng/ml
- Instant near patient test PSA kit with rapid results
- This is a professional medical diagnostic test kit intended solely for use by healthcare professionals under the supervision of doctors
Contents of Pack:
- 10 individually foil wrapped PSA blood test cassettes.
- 10 pipettes packed with the cassettes in foils.
- 1 pack of buffer solution.
- Manufacturers data instruction sheet.
- All comes in ALLTEST branded box and foils
Note: This is a professional PSA blood test kit rather than a home test and does not include the equipment needed to obtain a blood sample. The tests are suitable for finger prick capillary blood samples and do not require venous blood.
What does a PSA blood test measure
- The PSA test measures the blood level of PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) and is the blood test used primarily to screen for prostate cancer.
- The test measures the amount of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) in blood.
- PSA is a protein produced by both cancerous and noncancerous tissue in the prostate, a small gland that sits below a man's bladder and produced the seminal fluid.
- While PSA levels are elevated in prostate cancer, it is also elevated in a range of other conditions of the prostate and is therefore not a specific cancer marker, more an indicator of prostate "irritation" or Inflammation.
- Therefore while all causes of an elevated PSA should be investigated, not all will be the result of a tumour or cancer.
- The ALLTEST PSA indicates a positive result if blood levels reach or exceed 3ng/ml.
We Also Recommend
FREE KETONE Meter when you buy 50 On Call Blood Ketone Strips ( 2 x 25 test strips)