Special offer on home thyroid test kits as expiry date is end of September 2022
Home thyroid test kit
This is a simple, easy to use home thyroid function test kit that measures the TSH level in your blood (Thyroid stimulating hormone) to identify an underactive thyroid. The test kit is not able to identify an overactive thyroid.
Key features of the ALLTEST home thyroid test kit:
- The test kit is a lateral flow test that measures the TSH level in a blood sample
- The ALLTEST home thyroid test kit pack contains everything which is needed to perform this test at home.
- The thyroid test kit only requires a small blood sample and this is obtained through a finger prick.
- Full set of instructions is included to enable you to perform a thyroid test at home
- Result obtained within 5 minutes.
- The thyroid test kit is only usable once.
- The test measures TSH and is thus able to identify Primary Hypothyroidism (by far the most common form of under-active Thyroid).
- CE marked for self-testing
Symptoms of an under active Thyroid may include:
- Weight gain
- Feeling cold
- Heavy periods
- Hair Loss.
- Feeling depressed or lacking in energy
How common is underactive thyroid?
Underactive thyroid is more common in women than men. It affects about 15 in every 1,000 women and 1 in 1,000 men in the UK.
Health risks of an untreated underactive thyroid
- Heart problems.
- Goitre-enalrged Thyroid gland producing a lump in the neck
- Depression and mental health problems
- Peripheral neuropathy.
- Reduced fertility
- Pregnancy complications
- There is some evidence that people with an underactive thyroid may have an increased risk of severe Covid-19 infection